home about contact favorite featured blogs

Friday, June 3, 2011

My first post! "The Bag Lady"

If you knew me at all, you would know that I'm always carrying around 10 million things. So obviously I love bags. I do like purses, but I don't discriminate against other more "regular" type of bags. For Mother's Day I made my mother-in-law that cutest bag. I had made one for my sister-in-law for her birthday and since then, my mother-in-law kept dropping hints about wanting one to use as her primary bag. So this was my first creation...



Cute right? I got the idea from another crafting blog. I know it's such bad etiquette to not know what blog it's from, but when I remember I will fix this post. I had copied her idea on the owl bag for my sister-in-law. So for this bag I basically just took the owl idea and turned it into 3 little birdies. The hardest part was gluing the feathers down. They just didn't want to stick. Since I have given her the bag, she has told me that a few of the feathers have fallen off. So if anyone has a better idea about how to stick the feathers on, please let me know! And as far as the sewing part goes, I just bought the bag at Michael's craft store and then hand stitched everything else.


Here is the bag I made for myself...

My favorite part is that the nose sticks off the face so far. I just use it to carry my crafts around, but it is a sturdy little bag. The fabric is a lot thicker than the one I just for the other bag so it made it harder to stitch, but I like that it can carry heavier things. Again, I just hand stitched everything. Hope you enjoy it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment