home about contact favorite featured blogs

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grandma's Welcome Wreath


My Grandma is moving into a condo! This is a big move for her so I wanted her to have a house-warming gift. I love making wreaths, so I thought it would be fun to make a welcome wreath. 

I bought the wreath on sale at Michaels Crafts for $2.99 and I bought the wooden characters at the Wood Connection. 

The dangly letters were really easy to make. I cut out triangles with tabs on the end. I wanted them to be somewhat weather proof so I front and backed them with thick tape. I used the tabs to wrap around the rope and glue it in place. 


In order to make the flower pot and lady bug stay up right, I had to add reinforcement. I had a wooden stick laying around the craft room that I cut in half. I glued both sides into the middle of the wreath so that it would really stick in there. Then I glued the flower pot and the lady bug onto the stick. It was really easy. 



Hopefully this wreath brings a little bit of joy to her new home! Love you Grandma!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment