home about contact favorite featured blogs

Monday, August 27, 2012

2,557 Days


Seven years ago tonight this really cute boy kissed me in the park. I don't think that either of us knew what was in store for us that night! It was the last night of the summer before high school started. Boy, did I really like him! There was one Valentine's in church that the young women had a lesson from the Bishop. His name was Bishop Harrison. Him and his wife were so wonderful. They talked to us about love. They told us that they believe that you can be in love when you are young, it is just a different love then when you are older. They taught us about how love grows over time and it changes, even from year to year.

I got that lesson when I was 12 years old and I think about it all the time. When I got that first kiss in August of 2005, I definitely loved this boy. Like my Bishop taught us, I know now that love does grow over time. I don't love Steven the same way that I did that night, or the same way as when he took me to senior prom, or the same way as when we got married. I love him a whole lot more. He is my best buddy in the whole wide world. Every day I am so thankful that he is mine!

It is a big joke in my group of friends and family about how scared I am to have a son. I just love girls. I feel like I totally understand them and I love all the drama and glitter and dolls that come with it. But... If I can raise a boy like my in-laws have, then I will be more than happy to have a son! I hope that I can do as good of a job as they have. Every time you have a great spouse, you have to be grateful to who they come from. And I am so grateful for them. They have taught him to be the perfect husband!

Since we have been married we don't celebrate August 27th anymore, because our wedding date is much more important. But I still can't help but make a cute card to remind him how much I just adore him. :)

I love you Teddy!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment