home about contact favorite featured blogs

Monday, August 29, 2011

Nursery Decorations

My little baby cousin is 5 1/2 months old now and I can't believe it! She is the sweetest little thing anyone has ever seen. My aunt decorated her room in a forrest theme. So when I saw a wooden owl at Wood Connection I knew it would go with her room perfectly! The owl was decorated differently, so I made some changes so that it would match the nursery.



I modge-podged the stomach with this cute pink baby paper.


I also made a mobile with some owls on it. There was a post on the blog Homemade By Jill (which is one of my all-time favorite blogs) about making a mobile. In hers, she used felt. I have gotten really good at stitching felt, but there aren't a lot of baby colors in felt. So I thought I would just try a different type of fabric. I thought that the flannel would be cute. All of you expert sewers out there are probably laughing that I decieded to stitch flannel. Oh man it was a lot harder than expected.  But they turned out really cute, so I can't complain too much. :)

\
I had found a really cheap mobile online. I just took off the little toys they had on it, and put mine on.

Isn't this the most adorable nursery ever! Those owls on the wall are just big wall stickers that my aunt found. I love this cute theme!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment