home about contact favorite featured blogs

Thursday, August 25, 2011

One Last Summertime Post

What is it about watermelons that are so cute? I saw this at the Wood Connection and I had to make it. It's just layered wooden blocks. I modge podged the first one with the green paper then glued down the pink piece. I thought the bow was a cute touch.



This one is also at the Wood Connection, but I put my own twist on it. They have one of these frames to make for each month, but all three items are the same thing. For example, the August one just has three watermelons. I thought it would be cute to do different ones and just hang it up all summer. I think the flower is for May, the sun is for June, and the watermelon is for August.


I added the letters at the bottom of the frame using my wonderful Cricut.

I did the same thing with this watermelon that I did with the one above. I modge podged the first layer with green paper and then put the pink painted piece on top. I just jewels for seeds instead of the wooden seeds.



I can't believe that summer is coming to an end! There are too many cute summer crafts that I will miss making!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment