home about contact favorite featured blogs

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Perfect Pumpkins



I had been seeing these all over the blogging world and was so excited to try them. 
I got the pumpkins at Walmart for $4 each and each pumpkin used 3 pieces of 12 x 12 paper. I cut the paper into strips in order to glue it on to the pumpkin. 
At first I thought it would be easier I cut the strips skinnier, but as I went on I realized that it's easier when they are a little thicker. It ended up being like 1 1/2 inches wide. I modge podged the back of the paper and then stuck it on. Another thing I realized was that it is way easier if the paper is thinner. If you get the thick card stock paper it doesn't form as well to the pumpkin. I let it sit over night (mainly because it was super late when I got done glueing it on!). Then in the morning I modge podged over the top of all the paper and let it dry. Then I spray glossed it to give it the extra shine. 
It was super messy and it took longer than I thought, but they are so cute that it was worth it!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment