home about contact favorite featured blogs

Friday, December 2, 2011

You are a {not so} mean one, Mr. Grinch



I have a big wall in my kitchen that once held a clock. Sadly the clock died, and I was left with no clue what to do with the wall. Also sadly, we live in an apartment so I am very limited with what I can do. Right next to this wall, I have a shelf that contains the wooden letters spelling Grinch. This is from my favorite store in the world, Wood Connection.




I thought that I would do something with the Grinch for the wall. I went to the Wood Connection and bought 3 Wooden squares and three green 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock. I looked up quotes by the Grinch and found one that I loved... {drum roll please}...



Do you see how the Grinch is almost see-through? That is exactly what I had invisioned and was so happy that it turned out the way I wanted it! I did do some experimenting first to make sure that it would go the way I wanted.

I printed it on tissue paper, but because tissue paper won't go through the printer, I taped the tissue paper to the regular printer paper. It worked perfect. I printed two of them so that I could practice with one.

I tried it on this paper first. I put modge-podge down and the tissue paper over it. I thought that the white would go a little more transparent, so the next one I cut really close around the edges.


I modge-podged this one on the wood. Then I did the letters. I took an old Elmer's glue bottle top and put it on the black paint bottle. Then I wrote out the quote and let it dry. Once it dried, I put a coat of modge-podge over the whole thing.


I am so excited about how it turned out!

We have gotten a few new followers in the last couple days! (Insert shouts of joy!) I'm half way to my goal of getting 25 followers by Christmas!

-Miss C





The Allred Abode

4 comments:

  1. So Fun Cortney!!!!! :) It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I love your blog :) You have the cutest tummy! How is it that you are still so timy??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I saw your post on the Allred Adobe's linky party - I never thought of printing on tissue paper! I am now your newest follower from www.madebyaprincessblog.com and I hope you will follow me too! I also just pinned this to my Christmasy Things board on Pinterest (I am a little obsessed with Pinterest right now!) Looking forward to keeping up with your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you saw that you were featured! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete