home about contact favorite featured blogs

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yummy Recipes



Last Saturday, we threw my friend a wedding shower. She is such a doll and I'm so excited for her! I tried out a couple new recipes that I found online and I loved them so much that I want to share them with you!

Coconut Lime Slush
Found on the blog My Columbian Recipes

1 cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk, find by the margarita mixes)
2 1/2 cups crushed ice
Juice of three limes

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
The recipe also said to add sugar, but with the coconut it was already so sweet that it didn't need it.

It was super yummy and a huge hit!



Coconut Cream Fruit Dip
Found on the blog Dessert Now, Dinner Later

4 oz. cream cheese
15 oz. cream of coconut (not coconut milk, find it by the margarita mix)
8 oz. Cool Whip

Whip cream cheese and cream of coconut in blender until smooth.
Fold in whip cream.
Serve with fruit or graham crackers.

I have to admit that I usually don't like fruit dip, but this one was amazing! I could eat this with a spoon!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I will definitely have to try it. I would love for you to link it up at our party.

    http://www.ourdiydiaries.com/2012/05/fab-not-drab-friday_10.html

    Jen

    ReplyDelete