home about contact favorite featured blogs

Monday, June 6, 2011

Graduation Day 2011

Happy (one day early) Graduation Day! My sister Torri and my sister-in-law Seanne go to the same school and are both graduating tomorrow. I love making gifts. I think that people usually appreciate them more when they are home-made. So for the girls, I decided to make them necklaces. I don't think that they will see this before tomorrow so I think it is safe to post today. First, I made them matching cards...

For the hat, I just used sticky pad glue, embossing powder and the heat gun. They stayed sticky for a long time though. I tried heating them several times, but it didn't get rid of the stick. I just had to wait it out. I might have used too much glue. Anyone have any ideas on this? (P.S. I don't claim to be a photographer, please ignore the bad lighting!)

This is the necklace I made for Torri...



And here is the one for Seanne...



These were super fun to make. I'm making one for myself that I will post later. I just went to the store and bought little wooden hearts and the silver chains. I sanded the hearts down so they were smooth. Then I modge podged the printed paper on and cut around it so that it fit perfectly. I did two coats of modge podge over the paper then did two coats of spray gloss. That way it makes it super shiny. It almost gives it a
plastic-y look. I did the same with the quote on the back. Then I just strung the chain and charm on. Super easy but super cute!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. How can I be your sister to get cute homemade presents?

    ReplyDelete